Wednesday, October 8, 2008

read and save video file by opencv

I spent two days to test the program as one of my friend want to save frames in video file.

I find that opencv work on video things by FFMPEG library.So before you install opencv ,you mush check if you have install ffmpeg and libgtk2.0-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff4-dev.

After that ,you can recompile the opencv :
./configure
make
sudo make install

If when you do ./configure ,you can see "ffmpeg yes", then it said opencv can work on ffmpeg..


When I do recompile the source code of opencv , I find something interesting.
Afger configure,I find opencv can find ffmpeg..but it still can not read and write video files.
but after I change something in highgui's source code and do recompile again, it's working..

I think maybe that's because if you dont change anything in the source code .It does not refresh the library...


More information about opencv and Ubuntu
http://dircweb.king.ac.uk/reason/opencv_cvs.php

No comments: