Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How to change the resolution under Debian system

Now i have a new computer which has debian system ,a kind of Linux system but has some different aspects with suse and red hat.
The nice thing is I have right to do everything on the computer, not like just a user.
Original screen resolution is 1024*768, but I get a better Lcd screen which need 1280*1024 to show image .

First I google many method to do it.
Second I want to know which Gcard I am using .
lspci to see the pci card.

Also you can check module which your system load :

lsmod


go to /etc/X11,and find xorg.conf. here you can set the x server system ,such as mouse ,monitor,screen etc..

If you want to see what's wrong when the system is doing by this xorg.conf, you can go to
#var/log/Xorg.0.log

to see what happen ..


if you just want to check error and warning things , you can add
egrep '^\(EE\)|\(WW\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log


In fact , I install the wrong driver for my graphic card
I reconfigure the x server.. and choose nv instead of vesa..

Now I can get higher resolution, but I can't use the mouse. I copy old file's mouse setting to new xorg.conf. So it works..Although I get some warning information in my log file ..

No comments: