Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ubuntu can not shutdown as NetworkManager 's problem

last time when I compiled the kernel, I choose disable ACPI in Power Management ,so that my computer can not shutdown as NetworkManager can not reply the system or using bus to send signal.
I have tried two method:
1,add "acpi=force apm=power_off" to menu.lst
2,disable NetworkManager
It still can not solve the problem.
Afterwards, I find I disable ACPI which has some functional things about managing the power for bus and others. I have a look at the guide book from
RTAI and find I need enable ACPI.

So today I recompiled the kernel and enable it. Now it's working!!!


About how to disable and enable NetworkManager:
sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/26NetworkManagerDispatcher stop/start
sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager stop/start


No comments: